My Quiet Time Resources This Year

Last year, I decided that I really wanted to spend more time with God and I wanted it to be intentional. I was apart of two great online women's bible study groups that encouraged my study in the word and also provided me with the accountability I needed for my spiritual growth.

One day skimming through a few blogs I found a post entitled, "How to Have Effective Quiet Time with God." The most important thing that stood out to me was that the blogger created a "Quiet Time Basket" where she kept all of her bible study materials, journal, bible, books and pens that she used during her personal time with God and to meet her spiritual needs.

It just made sense. Everything in one place. You don't have to scrounge around looking for your bible here, your journal there and your study materials in another place. You have everything right in the same area. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! So I continued to search online to see if anyone else had created a "Quiet Time Basket" and I found these two great blog posts: 



From dearlissy.blogspot.com

From LatoyaEdwards.net
Pulling my Quiet Time resources together was easy. I already knew what I was studying, reading, the bibles I was using and others materials, so I went around the house gathering everything and placing them in one place. Here is a look into my 2013 Quiet Time Resources

My 2013 Quiet Time Resources

I needed a good place to store everything, so I took a trip to Big Lots and found two awesome bins. I didn't want to just have quiet time for me, but I wanted to make this something that my family would do as well. So my son gathered his resources, along with my help, and we put our bins together! 

Our Quiet Time Bins

It's a new year, and I have spent a day gathering all my new resources that I picked up last year to organize my bin. I'm so excited! I have seen the spiritual growth and maturity that has taken place in my life once I decided to dedicate personal time with God, every morning, every day. Here's a peek of what my 2014 Quiet Time looks like: 

Online Bible Studies 

I wake up at 5:00 am everyday to say "Good Morning" & "Hello Morning" to God as I dive into his word! I would encourage every woman to rise with him in the morning through these awesome Bible Study resources. Visit their websites to learn how you can join in with thousands of women across the world! 

My Morning Online Bible Study Resources

Quiet Time Resources

My Spiritual Growth Notebook I designed and organized myself. The Prayer Notebook I will be using was organized by YouTuber Gina Garland who has an awesome video of how to organize and put your prayer notebook together. All my others resources I purchased last year.  

My Daily Morning Resources

Books to Read this year: 

I love to read, and it seems like I buy more books than I can read. But this year, I've decided to handpicked my 2014 books and stick to my schedule. As you can see in my Quiet Time resources above, my first "Good Read" of the year is "Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Huggins which also has a study guide in the back! She is an awesome Woman of God, encourager, phenomenal writer and has some awesome books! 

My 2014 Reads

It is very important not to just put a bunch of books and resources you want to read together, but I would suggest reading up on how to have quiet time with God. Some resources I found useful include: 

Blogs: 
Are you interested in starting your new year with an effective quiet time with God? Do you already have quiet time? If so, what are your resources for 2014? Please leave a comment below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Study the Bible: My Color Code System

Testimony: Where I Came From

The Pursuit to Please