An Online Community of (MOBs) ~ Mothers of Boys

If you hadn't already taken a moment to read my story and testimony, you can find it here. It will help you to better understand where I'm coming from with today's post.

As a single mother for 13 years, I didn't always make the best decisions and some of them cost me missing out on the best teaching moments of raising my son, but aren't you glad that God gives us "GRACE" as mothers. Another chance to get it right, that's if you desire to take it. 
A MUST READ FOR MOM'S

About of year ago, I was doing some searching online (I love blogs) and stumbled upon a blog by some awesome group of women which happen to be all "boy" moms! The name of this group was called The MOB Society.  This is a community created FOR moms of boys, BY moms of boys is really just this:
"To help moms delight in the chaos of raising boys, enabling them to have more peace in their hearts and love in their homes."  (Read their story----->>> here)
Join MOB Society-->>> here 

So can you imagine the sign of relief! There were other women out there that could share in the joys and woes of boy parenting. Even though my story was a bit different I felt relieved to be able connect in this community.

You maybe wondering, okay, you found a blog. Big Deal! Well it is a BIG DEAL! Here's why.......Over the course of a few years, my son developed anxiety. Something that many children get during the separation of a parent, divorce, change in atmosphere, or just with growing up. Well, what I began to experience wasn't just growing pains....they were frustrations and anger from a kid that really didn't understand how to communicate he's feelings during the time I wasn't there like I should have been. Yeah, HUGE blow to Mom! I really didn't know how to handle it all and I did take responsibility for the part I played. For a moment, I felt like the most terrible mom in the world. So I did what a good mother would do, seek counseling and pray for the best! (I won't get into the counseling part) but I will tell you how this community of women helped me to PRAY FOR THE BEST!

Last year, I started really being intentional with my prayer life (see the name of my blog) and one of those areas included praying for my son. One of the things that blessed me through this group is that praying for their boys is something that they place as a PRIORITY (that's my "one word") so I was so eager to join in. When you subscribe to their blog, they release a monthly newsletter with a prayer calendar attached where you can pray a scripture a day for your child! JUST WHAT I NEEDED?


What area do you struggle in with your son(s)? Have you tried prayer? What is your biggest challenge when it comes to praying for boys?  Please visit MOB Society and connect with us! 

Comments

  1. Hi Angela! Wow that is SO great that you found a blog to encourage you. I have two daughters, but still - having a calendar/printable with daily scriptures is such a good idea for all parents. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie Pierce for taking the time to read my post! Welcome!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Study the Bible: My Color Code System

Testimony: Where I Came From

The Pursuit to Please