One Word: 2014

Don't you just love this time of year? You hear the word "RESOLUTION" uttered through the mouths of individuals via verbal conversations, social media posts and statuses only to realize that some of these goals and tasks that we set sometimes really never get accomplished by 12/31. Well, I decided to do things differently this year. No way will I ponder coming up with a "RESOLUTION" that I fail to accomplish in 2014. I'm taking change one second, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month and finally one accomplished year at a time. 

You wanna know what that "different" thing is. Well, it's called my "One Word" or as some call it "One Little Word." This one word summarizes where I plan to put my focus and attention this year. It's dismisses the bullet list of things to accomplish but gives me hope and yields a future reward in what's to come as I challenge myself to make this word the pivot of my year. 

My One Word for 2014 is: 

Yep! That's it! PRI-OR-I-TY! I want it to be the central focus of my year. I chose this word because it was the best word to describe how I need to organize my life! Let's take a look at the definition of PRIORITY!
In my life there are six major areas that I want to set priorities in: 

  1. Spiritual
  2. Personal
  3. Relationships
  4. Financial
  5. Work




I'm not going to get into details, but I can say that those areas are screaming for some attention. In Stephen Covey's book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the 3rd habit he emphasizes is: "Putting First Things First." 


"Habit 3 is about life management as well--your purpose, values, roles, and priorities. What are "first things?" First things are those things you, personally, find of most worth. If you put first things first, you are organizing and managing time and events according to the personal priorities you established in Habit 2."  -Stephen Covey

So I think I'm starting 2014 with the arrow on the bulls-eye. But let's not forget this. Even though I may set priorities in those areas, the ULTIMATE PRIORITY may decided to change the course.




 If you had a "one word" or "one little word" for 2014 what would it be and why? 


Comments

  1. Thanks for inspiring the ONE WORD. Prayerfully, we will accomplish what we set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I love your word! I think it's gonna be a great year once you put God as your priority. I pray that you keep Him as your focal point through all the trying times this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Study the Bible: My Color Code System

Testimony: Where I Came From

The Pursuit to Please