Choosing A Verse to Pray for Your Son

Prayers! I'm not sure about you, but that is something my son needs a lot of. Sometimes I feel like I can't cover all of the bases in motherhood. It's almost impossible!!! But what I can do is pray, and through prayer, I leave it up to God to cover all the bases.

In an earlier post, here, I discussed this awesome community of boy moms called, MOB Society, that I connected with through social media (FB, Twitter, & Website) that has encouraged my weary moments , embraced my shortcoming but has also given me hope! Recently posted on their blog was a question that I was glad to see:

What if we got serious about praying for our boys in 2014?

How many of us are intentional in praying for our children, especially our boys? One of the things that I want my son to understand is how to love God and people. Many times you hear people say that a woman can't raise a man alone, I totally agree, but we can intentionally pray for our boys in areas where God can move and provide those opportunities for our sons spiritual growth and maturity in becoming God fearing men...and guess what...married mothers can do the same!


So, if we are serious, and I am....then let's choose a verse to pray over our sons in 2014! 


Visit the MOB Society here


Not sure where to start? Let me help you...

  • Take a moment to pray and ask God to reveal to you an area in your sons life that needs Him this year. 
  • Search the scriptures (www.biblegateway.com) for one verse that captures that area and make it personal for your son/sons this year. If you have multiple sons, I encourage you to find a verse for each one of them. Each of their needs may be different. 

When I prayed, God revealed to me that my son needed Him in the area of self-esteem. Sometimes my son lacks confidence in himself and his abilities. He doesn't always view himself in a positive way and I desire for God to come into his life in that area and reveal to him how much He (God) esteems and values him because he was created for and by God!

The verse I will be praying over my son for 2014 is: 




What will you be praying for your boy(s) in 2014? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Study the Bible: My Color Code System

Testimony: Where I Came From

The Pursuit to Please